• LocationBordentown NJ
  • Truck(s):1998 GMC Yukon
Garage View Garage

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2012 - 12:39 AM

WELCOME TO GMC 4x4!

Newbie FYI's

Now that you are apart of one of the best Online 4x4 communities on the web today, lets get familiar with some of the Features on this forum that make it unique and stand apart from other sites out there.

Some of this may be new to you as many of the features on GMC4x4 are unique to this site, so please read ...

Before we dig into the site's capabilities, lets start with the basis: posting, commenting, sending messages, using the chat box and sending and receiving messages. If you're not familiar with how to use these features, simply reply to this thread below in the Text box with your questions. Also, if you prefer, feel free to contact one of the Moderators on the board Via PM (private message) and we would be more then happy to help. Just shoot us a message or comment explaining your issue and we will promptly reply with a fix, advice or push your concern/question/problem to the top of the priority list!

Remember, if you have a question or any kind of issue, contact one the moderators FIRST as we can help you with most issues. Let us do our job by helping you so that Admin can stay freed up to continue growing and supporting the forum . If we cannot help you directly, we can help push your issue to the top and respond accordingly.

The forums moderators are :
Myself (Donyukon)
AA1PR
HARDTRAILZ

BURBANAZ

Note: Our User Names are highlighted in green and you can always click this link for direct access to the team :http://www.gmc4x4.co...tats&do=leaders

Some of the main features of GMC4x4
1. The Garage ---This is a Virtual Garage, located just below the GMC4x4 Banner and can be accessed on any screen...make sure you add your vehicle(s) here!! This is a great way to keep up with your favorite rides on the forum and show everyone the hard work you have put into yours. Within the Garage, you can Add Photos, Mods and your vehicle's specs to share with everyone.

Simply click on the "Garage" Tab above and then under "Navigation", click on ADD VEHICLES to get started .

2. Like Button ---- This is another neat feature we hope you will like. Instead of leaving a one word comment such as cool, awesome, great , etc, you can let everyone know you liked that post simply by clicking the "Like this" button to the right of any post in the forums.

3. Classifieds --- So you swapped out your Bumper and now you don't know what to do with your old one?? Sell it here!

Share the love by offering a few (hard to find or left over parts) you may have lying around. The Classifieds system on GMC4x4 is very similar to eBay and if you have 50+ posts, you will be able to sell items on the site.

The Classifieds system is not to be used to advertise your business or sell items commercially. If you believe your business would benefit the site, please contact admin (Hedge) about becoming a supporting vendor.

4. RAFFLES!!!!!!!!!! : We have it and it's a great opportunity to get Free stuff! Thanks to Admin and our GREAT Supporting Vendors, we have a Raffle system that you may enter for a chance to win. Check this out regularly and read through the rules so you can qualify - GOOD LUCK and enjoy!!

5. Awards : This is a great feature where we at GMC4x4 can award you guys for your hard work and unique contributions to the site!! All awards are displayed in your profile so you can show them off for everyone to see your achievements.

If you have an idea for an Award Category, send it to us and if it makes the cut, we'll include it within the site!!

Have any Questions on any of the above content? Post them below

Image%202-7-16%20at%201.02%20AM_zps8atsk

1998 GMC Yukon 4x4 -- Modded 

1992 GMC Yukon (2 door) -- Daily

#2 OFFLINE   Ali

Ali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1m 21s
Neutral

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:57 AM

Hai

#3 OFFLINE   97greenhorn

97greenhorn

GreenHorn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 18h 58m 22s
Showoff
  • Name:Robbie
  • LocationHuntingdon, Pa
  • Truck(s):1997 Green Chevy 2500 454 Suburban. Most of its stock but some goodies like dual pipes from both headers, K&N filter, I bought it with Pinnacle Grizzlies (looking to buy new ones) vcr player and monitor, and cd player.
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:27 AM

I just read fyi/faq page. This sounds like a cool forum to be apart of and to get more knowledgeable about my first surviving 4x4 and my first build.

#4 OFFLINE   DonYukon

DonYukon

The Don

• Moderators

• 5,118 posts
    • Time Online: 44d 6h 5m 29s
Hail The Almighty!
  • Name:Donovan
  • LocationBordentown NJ
  • Truck(s):1998 GMC Yukon
Garage View Garage

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

I just read fyi/faq page. This sounds like a cool forum to be apart of and to get more knowledgeable about my first surviving 4x4 and my first build.

Im sure we can be of some help

Image%202-7-16%20at%201.02%20AM_zps8atsk

1998 GMC Yukon 4x4 -- Modded 

1992 GMC Yukon (2 door) -- Daily

#5 OFFLINE   97greenhorn

97greenhorn

GreenHorn

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 18h 58m 22s
Showoff
  • Name:Robbie
  • LocationHuntingdon, Pa
  • Truck(s):1997 Green Chevy 2500 454 Suburban. Most of its stock but some goodies like dual pipes from both headers, K&N filter, I bought it with Pinnacle Grizzlies (looking to buy new ones) vcr player and monitor, and cd player.
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

I downloaded photobucket. Where do I go to upload my photos?

#6 OFFLINE   topshelfburban

topshelfburban

Registered Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
    • Time Online: 92d 10h 49m 58s
Listen To This Guy!
  • Name:Jake
  • LocationLA
  • Truck(s):1996 GMC K1500 Suburban

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:12 PM

I downloaded photobucket. Where do I go to upload my photos?

You would go to the photobucket website and login, then upload photos from your computer.  Or, you could use the photobucket app on a mobile device, login, and upload from your "i" ir android device.  Once they're uploaded to photobucket, you can link to them on this site or any other forum in a post. 

1996 GMC K1500 SUBURBAN SLE

newsigimg_zpsrdte8k9j.jpg

#7 OFFLINE   AA1PR

AA1PR

Disabled Overlander

• Moderators

• 11,717 posts
    • Time Online: 94d 22h 53m 4s
Hail The Almighty!
  • Name:Mike
  • LocationFN33
  • Truck(s):2004 GMC Yukon
    1966 Stevens M416 trailer

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

this might help ~  http://www.gmc4x4.co...e-forums-video/

2004 GMC Yukon, 4X4 SLT, 5.3L Vortec, ~ Yukon Build Thread
Trail Master 2.5" leveling keys, SkyJacker  Hydro 7000's & MOOG 81069 rear coils with 1.5" spacers,
Hella 700FF's,  Running on 33's BFG TA KO & XRC 12K Comp Winch

1966 Stevens M416 trailer too ~ M416 Build thread

"Now she is gone I got my Yukon"   

ExpeditionNorth.com

#8 OFFLINE   mychevz

mychevz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 38m 13s
Neutral
  • Name:mike
  • LocationTerre Haute, IN
  • Truck(s):1993 k1500 4x4
    pro comp suspension lift
    rancho shocks
    35" mud terrain on 15" chrome wheels
    headers

*****currently pulling 350 motor and tranny to swap with
    1974 400 c.i. small block and 400 turbo transmission******

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

Glad to be a new member of the site. I look forward to getting to know yall and learning to navigate and use the sites esources!  I am in the process of my first major motor and transmission swap as my tranny went out in my 93 z71 just after # 8 plug started taking in water / coolant from the head gasket leak.. I have bought a 400 small block  and a 400 turbo transmission to drop in it and will probably need some help along the way.  I'll be posting soon .

Thanks again,  Mike

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie, fyi, faq, garage, raffle, intro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users