#1 OFFLINE   Rao318

Rao318

• Premium Member
  • 17 posts
    • Time Online: 21h 58m
Neutral
  • Name:Mike
  • LocationCanada
  • Truck(s):2009 Silverado LT 1500. 5.3L flex V8. Crew cab with short box (69"). Blacked out. Bushwacker pocket style fender flares. Leer fiberglass 700 tonneau. Dual magnaflow exhaust. Currently 275/55/R20 nitto terra grappler tires with 20" Rockstar rims. Upgrading to 6" pro comp lift with 35x12.50 cooper discoverer stt tires with 20x10 rockstar wheels. Adding Nfab side rails with 4 steps. K&N cold air intake.
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Hey guys,

Ive had a magnaflow catback exhaust system on my 09 silverado 1500 5.3L for a while. It has a good sound but I've grown bored of it. It seems more quiet compared to flowmaster or borla. Especially since ive lifted it the tire noise dampens it even more. I did not want to replace the whole system. I was just thinking of replacing the muffler with a flowmaster S 10 muffler. Has anyone had experience with mixing exhaust brands and do you think this would give me a louder more aggressive sound? As I i hear flowmaster s 10 is one of the most aggressive out there, without going true dual.

Thanks!

#2 OFFLINE   rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
    • Time Online: 21h 27m 54s
Good
  • Name:scot
  • Locationjohnson
  • Truck(s):1995 solid axle Chevy Tahoe with 5.3 Vortec conversion
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

If it was me I'd stick with boring and reliable

95 solid axle Tahoe with 5.3 engine swap.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: experience, with, exhaustmuffler, upgrades

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users