• Pip
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 2h 32m 25s
Neutral
  • Name:Shane
  • LocationFront royal va
  • Truck(s):89 suburban v1500

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

Been having idle issues with the suburban the last couple months. Fixed ignition issues a little while back and then I just replaced the egr valve and solenoid today after code 32. Also did the sea foam treatment. After all that I drove the burb around to blow all the carbon out and checked codes again. Code 32 has cleared but now code 45(o2 sensor rich) showed up, which wasn't there before. Checked all the lines/connections and made sure everything was good. Could the sea foam treatment have caused the o2 sensor code or just coincidence?

#2 OFFLINE   shovelbill

shovelbill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
    • Time Online: 12h 37m 37s
Neutral
  • Name:bill
  • Locationqueens, ny
  • Truck(s):'98 GMC 1500 sb

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:49 AM

i'm a carburetor era guy, but..............did you try to clear the 45 code? I don't believe in coincidences.

#3 OFFLINE   Sshifflett7

Sshifflett7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 2h 32m 25s
Neutral
  • Name:Shane
  • LocationFront royal va
  • Truck(s):89 suburban v1500

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:56 AM

Yep, and it comes back up. I had the battery disconnected for about 10 minutes while I was checking other issues that came up. Also, for some reason the ac compressor turns on and off now with the heat on. It's like when your low on freon and it starts clicking. The ac hasn't worked since I've had the truck and its done this a few times in the past. Can I just unplug that 2 blade connection at the top of the ac compressor and leave it like that since I'm not using the ac?

Edited by Sshifflett7, 29 February 2016 - 10:00 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: obd, code, 45o2, sensor, rich, after, sea, foam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users