Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

MA & CA - Approved Gun List

ammo firearms approved handgun rifle shotgun compliance california massachusetts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Hedge

Hedge

GMC4x4

• Administrators
  • 5,322 posts
    • Time Online: 62d 7h 11m 28s
Hail The Almighty!
  • Name:Craig
  • LocationUSA
  • Truck(s):'99 Chevy Tahoe
Garage View Garage

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm not sure if you guys have come across this, but CA and MA both have approved firearms lists.

I've heard of folks in CA getting one-off permissions to bring firearms into the state that are not on the list if they are willing to go through the paperwork.  I don't mean auto rifles, but more like special editions of guns already on the list.

This is just what I "heard" - does anyone have more tangible experience?  Thoughts?

<<please don't turn this into a anti-gov't thread...I'm curious to hear about experience/thoughts for people working with their state/local government>>

#2 OFFLINE   FellowTraveler

FellowTraveler

Knows things for when it hits the fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
    • Time Online: 11d 21h 37m 17s
Listen To This Guy!
  • Name:Andreusan
  • LocationNature Coast Florida the lesser known Ozello Keys
  • Truck(s):C2500 Suburban 454 tbi
    K2500 Suburban 6.5 TD Navistar
    & any truck my enemies bring with them that I like!

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm not sure if you guys have come across this, but CA and MA both have approved firearms lists.

I've heard of folks in CA getting one-off permissions to bring firearms into the state that are not on the list if they are willing to go through the paperwork.  I don't mean auto rifles, but more like special editions of guns already on the list.

This is just what I "heard" - does anyone have more tangible experience?  Thoughts?

<<please don't turn this into a anti-gov't thread...I'm curious to hear about experience/thoughts for people working with their state/local government>>

What if I can't help it? Just kidding!

I think the last time I did anything in MASS is when I had a non-resident concealed carry permit which they eventually stopped issuing way back in the day.

OCCVRRO TYRANNVS "To go against tyrants!" 

"Freedom & Liberty is reserved for those who dare"! (A. Colesanti 1995)

Ban the NEO AMERICAN MILITARY POLICE STATE JUNTA!

2013 Judge Andrew Nepolitano; "In the past 10 years there were 20 alleged acts of terror on American soil 17 of those were FBI sting operations while the remaining 3 were discovered by ordinary citizens!"

#3 OFFLINE   blind

blind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 14h 26m 36s
Serious Player
  • Name:Kev In
  • Location805, CA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

In CA the way to get an off-list handgun the easiest way is to go to a friendly gun store and have them do a single shot conversion. Basically they block the gun from being able to accept a magazine so you have to load 1 round at a time.

Once purchased, you can of course do whatever you want within normal limits...

89 Mustang LX Notchback 14 psi 5.0/trickflow h/c ati procharger intercooled + full MM/Griggs suspension
97 Mustang GT Coupe aluminum DOHC 4.6L/T45 cobra IRS + full MM suspension
02 F150 Harley-Davidson 15 psi 5.4L/4r100

#4 OFFLINE   Hedge

Hedge

GMC4x4

• Administrators
  • 5,322 posts
    • Time Online: 62d 7h 11m 28s
Hail The Almighty!
  • Name:Craig
  • LocationUSA
  • Truck(s):'99 Chevy Tahoe
Garage View Garage

Awards Bar:
Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

I need to do a bit more research into MA b/c their handgun list is VERY short.  They don't have many of the most common handguns and when it comes to special editions or low production manufacturers, they are simply not on there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ammo, firearms, approved, handgun, rifle, shotgun, compliance, california, massachusetts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users